Monday, April 6, 2009

Did too much

It was always going to happen at some point: I did a bit too much today and I'm shattered. It's the extra daylight that fools me, it makes me keep going longer.

I didn't start till about 10:30. Went up the street with the wheelbarrow to buy 2 big bags of mixed compost, for potting on seedlings. - and some tea-bags since we'd run out and that's a crisis in our house.

Then I did some watering indoors. I finished off digging out the weeds and grot from the patio, weeded a few pots, and weeded the path up the side of the garage. I weeded the big oval flowerbed, then another bed, divided some plants in it, planted out another, and weeded about half of the herb bed. At that point I conked out; it was about 7:10. Not all that long but it was more work than I would ask of someone else, which is a measure I try to keep in mind.

Pictures will be by courtesy of my husband since I didn't have my camera out today, but I will post them tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Aww well I hope you're okay. Day sounds very productive!

    http://ryans-garden.blogspot.com/

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily just think how well you will sleep tonight....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! I am still recovering my my weekend yard work! Today I have to go home and put out leaves! It is never ending. I can't wait to see you photos. Sleep tight my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. So easy to get carried away at this time of year especially when the forecast for the rest of the week is rain and more rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is a lot in one day! I would be a wreck for sure- my back and neck would be a mess if I did that much. Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily, isn't it good to sit down after a hard days gardening. Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ye-es - but I think I've become an addict: my favourite bit is starting again the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is good to be busy. I work till I drop sometime too. I always enjoy the results and it just makes me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I know that feeling all too well. Except not at the moment, because I've been so busy with work, I've hardly had time to blog, let alone garden. I'm so jealous of you living in Horley. I would love to live in Horley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Victoria - I've fascinated. I'm fond of Horley, a straight-forward little place I feel at home in, but I'm a bit foxed by someone really wanting to come here from elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I've always hankered to live somewhere between London and the coast. I love Sussex (and Surrey, come to that). I'd love to live in the middle of the country, but I think having lived so long in town, I might find it too much of a shock to the system. So I think perhaps a better alternative might be to live somewhere that's within (mainline) reach of London, in the hope that it might also offer a slightly slower pace of life, be reaonably pretty and might boast a choral society, the chance of an allotment (though I see Horley has a waiting list!), and even a theatre. There you go.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for reading and wanting to comment. I'm sorry that spam has made it necessary for me to monitor comments, but please feel welcome despite this.