Saturday, January 24, 2009

January, still the Third Week



Today I was psyched up to go out in the garden again, and I worked on the front. Specifically, about 4 square feet to the right of the front door. Put like that, it doesn't sound very much. Ah well. The photos show Before and After: I was weeding and removing a rubus tricolor. This attractive ground cover plant had seemed such a good idea... until I read that it was ideally suited to motorway embankments, and sure enough it proved an exceedingly Good Doer, so sadly it had to go. But the nice surprise was finding lots of bulbs, their green shoots several inches up; I think they're daffodils :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thank you for reading and wanting to comment. I'm sorry that spam has made it necessary for me to monitor comments, but please feel welcome despite this.