Thursday, April 21, 2011

More pics

Hello all,
Nice to see your comments again. I have onions and courgettes in the veg garden now (I'm gambling on the weather re the courgette).

Rob, the tree is an olive. I think we've basically lost it, sadly. I'm not sure why - too cold over the winter maybe. Also perhaps olives don't like heavy clay but that's my excuse over rather a lot... and one of them was in a pot so that hardly applies. :( I'll give it another month or so though. Then I'm thinking I might just put a clematis up it - with maybe something to shade the base. It's a nice shape. But we had originally planned to get anoher fruit tree for there - if I can find a small damson, I'd love one. Not sure whether they do them. I miss damsons.

Sorry not to get round many other blogs just yet - I do intend to, only as you can imagine I'm busy trying to chase my tail.

A couple of pretties:



2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for leaving me such a nice comment - I love the look of your garden too. You have a lovely variety of foliage which set each other off so well. I am envious of your vegetable garden as we are short of space but I grow a few in containers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, I asked about the tree because we have one the same! Ours is an Olive tree and I think it was just to cold for it. We've left ours in but I see the bark is now peeling of so I think that is a sure sign that its dead. I love Damson jam.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for reading and wanting to comment. I'm sorry that spam has made it necessary for me to monitor comments, but please feel welcome despite this.